Tear Drop Memorial – 9/11 Gift from Russia
Ever get the feeling this September could be called “The Month of Sorrows?”
- 27 Major fires – twenty six people dead, five million acres scorched, 5,500 structures destroyed, and fires are still not fully contained.
- Smoke from the fires has reached Europe.
- Hurricane Laura – 8,000 homes destroyed – 309,000 still without power.
- Damage from hurricane Sally being calculated – with hurricane “Beta” looming…
- Violet demonstration events, murders and people chanting outside a hospital for injured police officers being treated inside to die.
- Six months – and counting – of Corona virus.
- Flags at half-mast on the 19th Anniversary of 9/11.
- And—September is National Suicide Month.
Maybe I’m feeling this way in part because I’ve been reading The Harbinger II by best selling author, prophetic teacher and Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. In the book, told as a story but containing true and verifiable facts, Cahn masterfully weaves together Biblical, Historical, and Contemporary events in a sobering warning about America’s future. It is a fascinating, truly thought provoking read.
There is no doubt America is farther away from God today than at any point in her history, but the big take-away from this book, and the Bible, is that it’s not too late. If America heeds the words of 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
There is Hope!
How can I be so sure? Because for more than a decade I served as coordinator for our counties’ National Day of Prayer annually held on the second Thursday of May. I have personally witnessed the beauty, unity, strength and power of God’s people coming together from every denomination and ethnicity to pray for, the government and our leaders, the military, the media, the economy, education, the church and the family.
Now another call to prayer has been given and will take place in our nations’ capitol, this Saturday, September 26. I won’t be able to attend, but I will be praying, urge you to do likewise, and ask you to spread the word.
Who will you share this with?
Franklin Graham Prayer March 2020