Lucky Enough to Live Near Each Other?
1. Gather Together To Ask The Lord’s Blessing – OUTSIDE!
- Set up in the backyard or driveway.
- Separate tables for each household – use serving platters.
- Older adults – sit inside the garage – door open – lap blankets – heated seats.
2. Too Cold? Have Trimmings—Will Travel!
- Do a dish exchange.
Decide on a menu – sign up, make enough to share – pack it up, and distribute portions T’day morning. Then take photos or do a video meal together!
Across The Miles?
It’s Techy Turkey Time!
1. Set up a group video chat.
- Zoom –here’s a helpful how-to video
- Google Meet – anyone with a Google Account can create a video meeting, invite up to 100 people, and meet for 60 minutes per meeting for free.
2. One-on-one video calls.
- Whatsapp – I use this all the time to see and send videos of my family in the UK. It’s easy to use and it’s free! www.whatsapp.com
3. Give thanks the write way – send cards and letters. Individual notes or an open letter to all. Staple a few fake leaves inside the card or to the top of your letter.
Try not to focus on all the things we don’t have, can’t have, and wish we had.
Focus instead on all we do have – and choose to be thankful.
“In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18