What myths have you believed about asking for help?
- Asking for help is a sign of weakness.
- No one has time for my problems-they have problems of their own.
- Asking for help just makes it worse and then you’re beholding to others.
- God helps those who help themselves.
Four truths that counter those lies:
- Asking for help takes courage and is a sign of strength not weakness.
- There is consistent, predictable and safe help available.
- There is a time to ask for help and a time to offer help.
- God helps the helpless.
Pray. Stay close to God, then when you ask for help, and show dependence on Him for your needs to be met, His promise of help will be given to you.
Pray. Stay close to God, seek to know Him and love Him with all your heart, and you will find the strength and guidance you need.
Pray. Stay close to God, then when you knock, persistently asking and seeking, the door will be opened to you.
Don’t act like an orphan! You’re not. You’re a child of God. Ask, seek and knock. Your heavenly father delights in your prayers of faith, and promises to give you what you need. (Matthew 7: 7-8)