Here’s a smile for you in the midst of the Christmas chaos. Passed on from my friend and fellow speaker, Glenn Strange, who is also a marvelous magician.
All I Needed to Know About Life I Learned from Santa
1) Encourage people to believe in you.
2) Always remember who’s naughty and who’s nice.
3) Don’t pout.
4) It’s as much fun to give as it is to receive.
5) Some days it’s ok to feel a little chubby.
6) Make your presents known.
7) Always ask for a little bit more than what you really want.
8) Bright red can make anyone look good.
9) Wear a wide belt and no-one will notice how many pounds you’ve gained.
10) If you only show up once a year, everyone will think you’re very important.
11) Whenever you’re at a loss for words, say: “HO, HO, HO!”
PS: Glenn will be at the Newberry Opera House, Newberry, SC on Saturday, Jan. 6th, touring with “Three On A String.”
And something I bet you never knew about me before: I used to be a magician’s assistant and performed at the Comedy Club in Honolulu, Hawaii where a stand-up comic by the name of Eddie Murphy was debuting. The glass case I “magically appeared” in broke, and Eddie rushed on stage to pull me out!